I am writing this content after a long break… I almost left the idea of writing. During this break, I was quite busy with my meditation session and today I just cannot stop myself from sharing with you some of the best online meditation courses available.
I have gone through some of the course and they are quite good. So if you have decided to take some online meditation courses because you don’t want to go to a retreat ( due to time constraint or any other reason) then check out this post.
There are several benefits of taking an online course over going to a retreat-
1. you can watch the videos at any time of your choice.
2. you can take a pause, go back and forth and try to realize or understand the things that the person is trying to say.
3. you can mail or call them directly asking your queries.
4. Besides that, I am ready to help you if you have any issues. Just put it in the comment section at the end of this post.
Considering all the above points I have shorted some of the great quality online meditation courses that you can take right now…So without any further ado, let’s begin it.
- 1 Basics of Meditation with Deepak Chopra
- 2 Meditation and the Evolution of Consciousness with Daaji
- 3 Related
Recognized as one of the world’s foremost leaders in the field of mind-body medicine, Deepak Chopra, M.D. is a best-selling author, teacher, and co-founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.
This course is great for those who are new to meditation and those who are at a beginner level. The only requirement for this course is the desire to explore meditation and experience greater health, happiness, and peace of mind.
This course is ideal for –
- Anyone who wants to learn how to meditate in an easy and effortless way
- Anyone who wants to discover the physical and emotional health benefits of meditation
- Anyone who wants to reduce stress, feel calm and centered, and connect to their true self
- Anyone who enjoys guided meditations from renowned teachers
- While this course provides valuable insights and information to meditators with a range of experience, it is intended for beginning meditators rather than advanced practitioners.
This course has a total duration of 1 hour and 3 minutes and it consists of 35 lectures. So take your own time and try to learn slowly.
Quick Overview of The Course
In the beginning, Deepak gives you glimpses of the benefits of regular meditation and how it can transform yourself into an awakened person. This course contains short classes so that you can easily weave into your daily schedule.
- Nature of Meditation – In this session, Deepak tells you about what meditation is all about. When you are not trying to do anything and you are not thinking about the past and future, your mind will naturally and spontaneously settle into the inner silence of meditation.
Stop trying, Letting go and Staying In the Moment are the only key elements of a good meditation.
- Guided Meditation – In this section, you will learn how to become aware of your soul and go through the guided centering breath meditation as explained by Mallika.
- The benefits of a consistent meditation – Deepak insists us to meditate consistently and regularly to get the maximum benefits such as greater physical health, emotional well-being, relationships, and spiritual awakening. Join Deepak for a guided ‘Who Am I’ meditation technique to get to know your true inner self.
- Stage of Restful Alertness – when you meditate consistently you will reach a deep state where your body and mind becomes completely rested yet fully aware of the surroundings. Watch Deepak as he explains more about being in this state of meditation.
- In the next session, Deepak teaches an ancient mantra meditation technique called So Hum, which means I Am. This meditation technique helps you in getting into the deep state of restful alertness. He also answers some commonly asked questions like How Do I Know If I am Meditating Correctly, How long should I meditate, When is the best time to meditate and How do I find the time to meditate?
In The Final section, Deepak gives some very important insights of a good meditation session. He urges to approach meditation with innocence and with letting go of expectations attitude.
The key to meditation is to be effortless. Instead of trying to force the mind to concentrate or focus, be gentle. Whenever you notice that your mind has drifted to a sensation, sound, or thought, gently return your attention to your breath or your mantra.
At the end of this course, you will learn –
- Why a consistent meditation is important for you and your family and friends to have a better world.
- Purpose of meditation and learn some easy ways to meditate.
- How meditation helps your body and mind.
- Experiencing your true self.
Give some time to yourself on a daily basis. Be a bit selfish
Kamlesh D. Patel, popularly known as Daaji among his followers is the spiritual leader, author, speaker. Many seekers come to meditate with him in his travels on small village roads in India to the great cities of the world – New York, Copenhagen, Paris, London, or Sydney and everything in between. He is comfortable with people of all ages, backgrounds, and cultures.
This course is ideal for –
- Does not matter if you are a beginner or an experienced practitioner.
- Youth, management leaders, people working in corporates, entrepreneurs, housewife, retired, and everyone who is keen to work on self to improve
- Those who are suffering from anxiety, lack of focus, lack of concentration, want to lead a more fulfilled life, improve relationships, mental peace, happiness and every positive aspect
The entire course consists of 21 lectures and has about 6-hour long duration.
Quick Overview of The Course
Daaji begins the course by explaining why we need to meditate and what is the importance of meditation in our daily life.
- Then he will take you through a guided relaxation meditation technique only to help you experience the power of meditation.
- Meditation is a way of life. It is not about sitting and concentrating hard. You have to be in that moment to experience the real taste of meditation.
- Cleaning – probably the most important part of the course. Here he explains how judgmental we are in our daily life. We judge every little thing that passes by us. He urges us to be a silent observer instead. So how do we do that? The answer lies in the most vital element of the practice “Cleaning”. The guided meditation technique lets you create purity and simplicity within and which in turns helps you revitalizing the system. So, go ahead and explore this amazing class to learn how to create purity and simplicity within.
- Prayer – When you continue to practice meditation you will feel increasing awareness within in a very short period of time (maybe a week or few days). But as you keep doing it, there will be a time when certain desire or thoughts will try to stop you from meditating. This is where prayer helps in invoking the higher source within us.
- Rhythmic Practice – In this session, Daaji shares some tips to get your meditation practice rhythm going. He also tells when and where should you meditate to get the maximum benefit out of it.
- The biggest Hurdle – Thoughts…! They flow continuously like a stream of a river in our brain when we sit to meditate. They just won’t stop coming no matter how hard you try. Daaji tells how you could overcome this hurdle simply by not trying to suppress. Go ahead and find this beautiful session of Daaji on how to control your thoughts during meditation.
- Natural Cycles- In this session, Daaji shares some very useful information about our breathing and sleeping patterns and how you can improve your overall health of min and body by following some easy meditation techniques.
- Happiness does not mean fulfilling your desires. The true happiness lies in inner peace that you would get when you can accept things the way it is rather than expecting things. Go ahead and listen to Daaji telling the insights of a happy life.
Sadhguru, chances are that you have heard his name once in your lifetime. If you haven’t, then you should listen to him. I myself is a very keen follower of Sadhguru aka Jaggi Basudev, because when he speaks – everything sounds logical.
Sadhguru is a great mystic, yogi, author, poet a spiritual leader and head of Isha Foundation. He has many followers across the globes. A man whose passion spills into everything he encounters. Named one of India’s 50 most influential people, Sadhguru’s work has touched the lives of millions worldwide through his transformational programs.
What is Isha Kriya?
Isha Kriya( where ‘isha’ refers to the source of creation and ‘Kriya’ means internal reaction) is a powerful meditation and a spiritual process for everyday practice, designed by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, whose incomparable wisdom and insight have guided tens of millions of people entangled in the ups and downs of life.
Through the Isha Kriya guided meditation, the possibilities of a spiritual process, which were once available only to yogis and ascetics, are now being offered to every human being in the comfort of their own home.
This course is ideal for –
The purpose of Isha Kriya is to help an individual get in touch with the source of their existence, to create life according to their own wish and vision. Daily practice of Isha Kriya brings health, dynamism, peace, and wellbeing. It is a powerful tool to cope with the hectic pace of modern life.
- If you want to take the first step on the spiritual path; towards knowing yourself; not on the level of the body, mind or emotions, but as the very source of life itself.
- If you are a beginner or an expert practitioner.
- If you are willing to be a better version of yourself.
- If you want to lead a stress-free life in-between your hectic daily schedule.
Quick Overview of the course –
The course starts with an introduction about who Sadhguru is and how he is trying selflessly to transform peoples lives through his guided meditation technique different kriyas.
In the latter part of the course
- You will come to know how You are different from your body and mind. What we refer to as I is not the actual us. We have gathered our body from the food we have eaten and our mind is all full of thoughts that are imposed upon us right from our childhood.
- If we try to separate the body and the mind from ourselves; what is left will be the true I. Being closer to your true inner self will open the door to ultimate truth and knowledge.
- Sadhguru will guide you through a simple meditation technique which will deepen your self-awareness level. Being aware of your present is the absolute necessity of a good meditation practice. With your increasing awareness, you will become more capable to accept the things the way it is and much more capable of handling the process of life.
- Then you will be guided through the Isha Kriya meditation technique, that can be practiced anywhere and anytime. You can even download it and share with your family so that they can also get the benefits out of it.
I am pretty sure if you take any of the above courses and practice sincerely and consistently, the change is bound to happen. Besides that, if you need any help or if you have any thoughts about the above post you can put it in the comment section below. Stay blissed.